Join us for the fourth webinar in The Department of Ed's Building Stronger Connections webinar series.
This webinar will highlight the importance of preparing educators to meet the diverse needs of students. Many of the strategies to promote safe, supportive and healthy schools require pre-service training and ongoing coaching. This panel will include strategies to consider including in professional development opportunities such as training all educators in emergency planning, restorative practices, inclusive and inviting classrooms, and asset-based alternatives to exclusionary discipline.
● Acting Assistant Secretary James Lane, Office of Elementary and Secondary Education, U.S. Department of Education
● Dr. Shontoria Walker, Executive Director, Education PowerED
● Janelle Hughes, Principal and Project Director, Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools Technical Assistance Center
● Dr. Jesús Jara, Superintendent, Clark County School District, Nevada
● Walter Taylor, Director of Professional Development, Chicago Teachers Union Foundation Taylor